Wednesday 8th May – 19:30 at CEL
A chance for members to get together, we will present the annual report and accounts, elect new board members and then there will be time for socialising.
This year there are three spaces on the CEL board to fill. If you are interested in joining the team please let us know – all you need is enthusiasm for books, children and activities in English … ask if you’d like more details. firstname.lastname@example.org
The official invitation can be found here – AGM invitation2019
Let us know if you hope to join us.
Saturday 16th February – 10:00-17:00
- Have you chosen your costume? – remember all those who come dressed as a book character will be given a raffle ticket for a prize draw … win a six month free extension to your library membership.
- Have you completed your Mini winter reading challenge ready to return your form and collect your prize?
- Have you told your friends? Fliers available at CEL
- Have you signed up to bake or help?
And from one of our favourite Children’s author’s Chris Riddell … an article from the Guardian about why reading and libraries are important for children …
Saturday 16th February 10:00-17:00
– dress up as your favourite book character and enter our prize draw*.
– cake stall and chance to chat over coffee/tea/juice
– help make a book character collage for CEL
– face painting
– collect your Mini-Winter-Reading Challenge certificate
– and lots more…
*All those dressed up with receive a ticket. At the end of the day a ticket will be drawn from the hat and the owner of the ticket will receive a six-month free extension to their library membership. Non-members will have to join CEL and pay their first year’s fee before being able to claim the prize.