We are pleased to announce that CEL will be open on
and additionally this Friday 18th September from 14:30-17:30
for the return and borrowing of books.
We hope to be able to offer more Friday afternoons – currently it is looking like we have volunteers once a month – please check the website calendar for exact details.
Please remember that Corona Prevention Measures still apply and we can not currently offer any activities at CEL.
We look forward to seeing you to change your books in the near future.
Annual General Meeting – our AGM is scheduled for Thursday 24th September at 19:30 please let Jane firstname.lastname@example.org know if you would like to attend either in person or via zoom and she will give you more details.
CEL will be closed on Friday 11th September.
From 18th September, after the summer holidays, Covid-19 permitting, we will be open on Friday mornings 10:00-12:00 and then we hope to open either Friday or Saturday afternoon – or both. But, we currently don’t have enough volunteers signed up for either afternoon to offer a regular service. If you are a trained volutneer please check the doodles – if you haven’t seen them just ask and we will send you the link.
Please watch your e-mails / Facebook / the CEL website for opening time updates.
As term starts again and figures for Covid-19 cases locally continue to rise we will not be offering any activities at CEL and our prevention measures remain in place, but we do hope that you can continue to come in and borrow books to read with your children at home.
Stay healthy and hope to see you soon.
The CEL Team
following our consultation with members and volunteers we have taken the decision to trial reopening CEL on Saturday afternoons 14.00-17.00 ONLY and maintaining contactless lending for those who can’t make the library on a Saturday.
We will reopen on Saturday 20th June for the borrowing and returning of books and other items.
The following rules will apply:
CEL Corona Prevention Measures – whilst in the library…
- Facemask covering nose and mouth must be worn at all times
- Hands should be disinfected before entering the library
- Only members are allowed in the library.
- All members must give their name and membership number on arrival which will be logged so that we know who has been in the library when.
- Only two families are allowed in the library at any one time
- Social distancing must be maintained – children must remain with their parent(s) and a distance of at least 2m be kept between families
- Only one family is allowed to wait in the lobby
- The library is open for borrowing and returning books ONLY
- Reading on the sofa/floor is not allowed
- There can be no activities
- The library may not be used as a meeting place with other families
- The kitchen area is out of bounds
- The toilet may be used by you MUST thoroughly clean it after use with the materials provided and sign to say you have done so.
Please help us keep our volunteers and members safe by abiding by these rules.
New members must return their membership form and transfer their membership fee in advance of visiting CEL. They will be notified when their account has been created and when they can start to visit the library.
Best wishes and keep well,
The CEL Board
our contactless lending service will be “on vacation” from 1st June until the 14th June. If you wish to exchange your books please e-mail email@example.com NOW to arrange a drop off and collect slot this week.
We are investigating the possibility of reopening the library for borrowing and return of books – we will be asking for your opinions.
Volunteers – please watch the Facebook Group – Members please keep an eye out for an e-mail in the next week.
Your responses will influence the way forward.
Hope you are all keeping safe and well,
The CEL Team
Today’s announcement that schools, kindergartens and many other places will be closed until after the Easter holidays means that CEL will also be closed until further notice to help prevent the spread of the Corona Virus. All books currently on loan will be renewed until 24th April. We will see how the situation has developed and take further decisions.
Stay well – stay safe – and read lots! (even if you are stuck with the same old books 🙂 )
Important – Whilst there is not a blanket school closure we will try to keep CEL open…
But since we come from all over the place and at present these decisions seem very local… can we please ask you all…
If you have been told to stay away from Kindergarten or school / your KiTa or school is closed / anyone in the family is unwell please stay at home! Do not come to the library!
Books can be renewed by e-mail just drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s to us all staying healthy!
World Book Day Thanks
Thank you to everyone that came out today to celebrate World Book Day! It was a great day at the library! An especially big thanks to those who baked delicious treats: I’ve just added up our cash box and we made a fabulous 121€ to help towards our running costs and buying new books!
Photos can be found here World Book Day 2020
World Book Day at the library is almost here! Join us this Saturday from 1-4pm. The library will stay open until 5pm.
Hear stories from around the world, do book-related crafts and explore our catalogue with your children. There will even be resources to take home with you to help you discover new reading favorites. Children are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite character.
Visit our cake stand and indulge in some sweet treats. The money we raise goes toward new book purchases and keeping the lights on.
See you at the library on Saturday!*
* While we do have a good supply of hand soap at the library, we ask that you exercise caution and reconsider your visit to World Book Day if you have recently been in an area affected by COVID-19.
World Book Day – read around the world with us on March 7!
Open a book, turn a page – and be whisked away to another time and place. Books truly are a window to the world. Experience the joy and power of reading with us as we celebrate World Book Day on March 7 at the library:
- Explore our collection of over 8,000 titles and media items
- Hear readings of selected stories from around the world throughout the afternoon
- Take the story further with fun crafts and activities – including an oversized banner everyone can help create and decorate
- Treat yourself to some goodies at our cake stand… because it’s no fun reading on an empty stomach.
World Book Day runs from 1-4pm, while the library will remain open until 5pm. So you’ll have plenty of time to return, renew and check out books. Hope to see you there!
CEL will be closed on Saturday 22nd February and Saturday 29th February due to the school holidays. We will be open on Friday 28th February as usual.
Friday Fun – Friday 28th February – Cupcake Topper Decorating
A special school holiday Friday Fun for Kindergarten and School Age children. We will be creating cupcake toppers for you to take home and decorate your own cakes. Come and try your hand sculpting in fondant. Please bring a flat bottomed container to take your creations home with you. Stories at 15:30 – crafting thereafter.